Nephrology: Vision, Mission & Values
International leadership in renal research, education and care of patients with kidney disease.
Through the discovery, application and communication of knowledge in kidney disease, we aspire to prepare future physicians and physician leaders who will contribute to improving the health of individuals with kidney disease.
- Generation of new knowledge in the cause, prevention and treatment of kidney disease;
- A supportive, collegial and respectful professional environment;
- Impacting the care of at-risk populations, both locally and globally;
- Partnership and collaboration, especially with our community-associated care-givers in Nephrology;
- Innovation, critical inquiry and self-evaluation;
- Accountability to patients, the public, governance structures and our academic peers.